Sprinter is over!

I have been chomping at the bit for Spring. Last week we received 10 inches of snow. I thought I would go over the deep end. This weekend we were in the low 60's. That I can deal with.

I am worn out from this weekend! Doing training to get ready for the Dirty Girl Mud run in August. Walking, hanging from monkey bars - whatever it takes, right? Down a couple pounds. I have been logging my food and averaging 10k steps a week.

The dogs had a wonderful time on a pack walk on Sunday with LB, TS and JC. We did the Luce Line Trail. Smudgie has matured. She was very in pack mode. She was close to other dogs and did not get snarky at all. Her and Wy have been getting along much better. I believe it is due to getting enough exercise and the fact that Wyatt won't take her shit but backs off appropriately. She has backed down from him too. This is great. I won't trust her when it comes to trail riding but we shall see.

Josie has had the band on her hoof for two rounds of shoes now. This is going to take a good year. I am allowed to ride her but just at the walk. I am going to find out if the walk includes walking on trail - since it is not all flat and sandy, I am thinking we may not be allowed. At this point, I will take what I can get. My mojo gets recharged with each ride. I was happy to find out that Josie feels the same.

In barn tack sale this weekend, I have already sold two items. I finally gave up on the idea of doing more eventing. I will have those memories of Tilly and I forever! Love you Tilly! Josie is a symbol of how life is for me know. Do a little of this and that and just be happy!

I am spending more time getting the mud off that Mare. She is shedding and itchy. We compromise, there are areas I am just to leave alone unless I use a hose. Just riding in my western gear and working on my position while we walk.  We are just happy to be hanging together.

Worries for my Vet. After surviving cancer once, he now has had cancer removed from his brain. One of the few men that I can be around. Please keep him safe.

Debating on flowers or herbs to plant in my big planter. Maybe both if I do it right?

Embracing life while it lasts. You never know what is happening next.






No comments: