Now maybe Sprinter is over . . .

Yesterday, we celebrated the ninth Birthday of Josie, the Uber Mare. Seems like she was just a baby. My present to her was not to brush her (she gets a little growly when I brush the mud from her) and give her lots of treats.







We still are on walk restrictions. I need to see if walk only applies to outside. I sure hope it does. Below the first picture is April 2014, the second one is February 2014. I don't like that there is still crack above the band but at least it is not in the coronet band. We will see what it looks like after another shoeing. This will be such a long process.



Good deed for the day, found one of the boarder's wallet. It didn't look like it had been there all that long. Funny thing was she had waiting for quite a while before renewing her DL and knew the wallet would be found shortly thereafter. Yes, that is exactly what happened.

I took The Jack Pack with and was entertained by much running and sniffing. They love walks at the barn. Unbeknownst to me was the fact that there were hundreds of dead fish at the shoreline. I might add very stinky dead fish. Apparently this is a common occurrence when there is such hard freezing. The fish have no oxygen. Smudgie found one and instantly became Smucky! I got a hold of Wyatt before he had a chance to roll in the stinkness.

I worked on Smudgie's recalls as we were walking about. Nothing like being distracted by nature to proof your dog. We are going to be out on the grass with no fencing on May 18th and I want her attention. Before Sprinter arrived last week and dumped 10+ inches of snow, the ground had dried up and we were going to start practicing but now the ground is saturated again.

Earlier in the day there was a squabble that turned bad when I broke up the fight I picked up Wyatt and Smudgie went at him and lacerated his leg. I hadn't seen a reaction to the Vetercin before. Wyatt said that hurt like a biach! I plan on shaving the area as it keeps matting down.

Sunday night was filled with chores and chatting with the neighbors.

Life may not be what you thought or wanted but it is still better than the alternative!


No comments: