Another round in the game of Life . . .

Wow! Made it to 54. I am finding that over 50 is the toughest mentally. Body is giving off signals of past injuries I cannot silence. I do not recommend your horse spooking and you hanging from the saddle by your heel or getting bucked off and landing on your neck and upper torso. I also do not recommend doing a half somersault with your bike. Whether it be your mountain bike or your road bike. The mountain bike slam was a bit cushier but did damage to the shoulder. Road bike ended with extensive road rash and probably makes the already damaged shoulder worse.

The other mental hurdle is your body is not as athletic and gains weight even if you burn more than you are taking in. You do not look like you did. Working very hard at eating better. Logging food to be more aware. I remember hardly eating and working out constantly for years to remain thin. I have been lax at watching what I eat, enjoying what I steered clear of for years. Working hard at not being so hard on self. It is what it is - just try to not put on more weight and eat better self.

I spent my B-day with the Jack Pack. We just cuddled. It was too cold and wet to want to do anything else. I had thought of a birthday ride but decided Mare would be crabby due to a wet back. Let's shoot for a Friday night ride, shall we?

I have decided I might be alone but I am not lonely. Most comfortable alone. I was surprised to see I do have a lot of friends. I mean a lot of friends. If I was better at asking for help, I think I would be more aware. There are somethings I can retrain myself on but so many things are just instinct now. I hate the disappointment when let down so this is avoided as much as possible - most times I am not aware.

I have lived life large. VERY LARGE! I plan on living large again this summer. If the rain and snow would ever stop that is.

I have become addicted to A Game of Thrones - OMG it is THE BEST! Everything one could want in a show - Kings, Knights, horses, wolves and dragons! I have caught myself several times with my mouth wide open in astonishment! Must read the books - books are always better!

This weekend the pups and I did some agility run throughs. Smudgie was awesome. Wyatt was a barking maniac. God love 'em. I must get him tired, then he listens. By the fourth go he was relaxing a bit. Smudgie did 12 weaves in both directions (both sides of my body). Wyatt did the weaves when I wasn't too close -must remember that. What a fun time we had. Smudgie was worried on the up of the dog walk - I think it was the texture but it she could have been thinking teeter. We did teeter, teeter, teeter on our second round and she was going to the bottom a bit better. Very happy with that. Smudgie's instructor Deb was there. She has a huge Great Dane. Tiffany and her man, Paul, showed up and did a few runs. Her dog is amazing! Weaves were so good! They do just AKC. We are now able to do CPE, NADAC and ASCA. AKC is just to . . . well AKC for us!

It is trying to snow today, I am glad it did not snow on my birthday. That would have been depressing. It will end soon enough and be too hot for comfort. I cannot wait.

To good days and good dogs!




No comments: