Down on a Friday - WHAT?!?!

Saw Dr. McDreamy Tuesday morning. Bad news! Stress fracture of the fibula. Not a common area. It's what we athletes get - LOL! Training for the 5k seems to be the main culprit. I will have to take a picture of the x-rays. Three weeks in a boot and we shall see. He said my bone density looks good but I should mention it to my GP and see if he wants to do a bone scan. Can I just say getting older sucks! The boot pumps up to provide support for the leg. It hurts to sleep, sit, walk, drive . . . so pretty much all the time. No pain meds. This would explain the scream, crumple and tears I had a few times over the past few weeks. I am a pretty tough cookie if you think about it - ran all weekend.

I wanted to do a test or two at the barn schooling show - well that is out. No agility, no riding, no NOTHING!

The dogs are wound up like tops. I drove Wy and Smudgie to the field and let them run around which helped a bit. I need to get Pixie back to normal. There is a couple that may be interest in her.



I have to get video of her doing Bang. She just does it so well. Called, she comes running as fast as she can and when shot she slides to her side in death pose. Struggling with this so much. Doing this breaks my heart but it is best for all concerned. She got bloodied the other day again. The very tip of her ear.

Horse Expo this weekend. I am going to go for a while. Perhaps replace the lace shirt that I wrecked after one wear last.

Digging deep in myself this week. I called in to take Thursday off after a horrible night. In the morning after taking care of the dogs I took one of the Vicodin I had saved. Last night was better and this morning I am filled with Ibuprofen.

I went to agility class just to say I wouldn't be in class for a while and hoping they would save my spot. Miles said since he lobbied to get me that yes, it wouldn't be a problem. He gets a new pup today. A blue sheltie. 

Well, that is all for now. Cowboy up baby!



No comments: