0 to 60!

Today was one of those days where all one can do is put one foot in front of the other. This all changed after a Chia and an email from the ASCA's We Are the Cure Agility Trial. I now know when to arrive and most importantly when we go. While I do not have definitive times, we go little to big and the Novice group (that's Team Johnson!) are third. OMG! I am feeling it baby! I can be crazy wack all week but show day, I will be a cucumber. Cool man, cool!

Thursday, Miles tailored agility class just for Smudgie and I since we are the only ones in class to cowboy up and actually show. How cool was that?! We practiced weaves and had good jumping situations to practice. I was calm and clear, keeping eye contact with Smudgie.

No run throughs on Saturday mean we have one more practice before the show. Guess who pulled out her weave poles :)

After two or three fails she gets them. Once in a while those fails are mine. At class they are leaving them open a bit and if she is goofy (popping out or skipping) they open them a bit more. Well, at home I make things a bit difficult. First practice had all furniture up against the walls and 6 poles set up in the middle with a slight opening. After successful navigation on both sides (dog on my right and then dog on my left), I closed them. Miles warned me about her slowing down and to practice outside. Outside it is! For outside practice I revved her up with a tug and sent her through. She went through well on both sides a few times. Tugging break and closing up of weave poles. She did every pole each direction. Sunday went to straight first shot - she did them! All right little girlie the poles are closed until show time.

I brought Wyatt out. He is learning control. I opened the weaves and asked him to weave, he kept hitting the second opening. He gets so frantic - barking and rushing. When he starts to loose it, I put him in a down. Once I growled at him and he went to a settle position - he knows I mean it is what this is telling me. He made it through both directions with minimal hysteria so we called it quits. It will be great to do 2X2 training with him to fix this. This will help when I do the training with Smudgie. Don't want to break her.

After a short layoff, Josie got new shoes. Pads are gone unlike the winter that won't go away. Friday it was snowing. Hmmm I didn't see the pads yet - maybe she will get new ones next year. No spooning this time. JH told me that Ernie said her feet are looking very good and she no longer requires spooning and that if they come off he will get to her ASAP. Let's just see what happens. Farrier knows best!

PP lunged Rosie and I rode the Mare. She wanted to canter and kept trying to pop into a canter. Half halts got her steady. I was going to practice two-point but my knee hurt a bit. I may start taking Cosequin and see if that makes a difference. PP said Costco has it pretty reasonable. Probably wouldn't hurt.

Didn't feel like running in the snow on Friday night and then Saturday was raining so I waited to Sunday. I did do my floor work. I had measured the mile again just to be safe. First mile is the hardest but there is still improvement. Need to work on my running playlist she told herself again.

Chiro work was helpful. That nagging pain is gone. Hoping one more massage appointment will do it for me. Trying water with sliced limes in it. Actually pretty tasty. Will try other infusions :)

Those weird sounds - may be the cursed water heat blowing off steam. I have a bucket underneath that piping so it doesn't spray all over the wall. It was quiet a couple of days and then it did it again. Acting like it is nothing helps keep the dogs settled and quiet so I can hear. Will continue to evaluate. Wondering if this is another clue that I need to empty it again.

Back to reading the rule book and counting down - T 6 and counting down!!!!!!!!





No comments: