I had even brought beer for the Mare . . .

Saturday's run throughs, I focused on weave poles. The teeter was out so we did that a few times. I think she is getting braver. Afterwards Miles and I practiced again - she is really doing table to table teeter very well. I do like that when I tell her bottom she is actually staying on the teeter - not doing two on two off. Her light weight a teeter may take her back up if she doesn't have all the weight on. They don't always have the teeter out and I wanted her to practice it before the show. She actually offered to do it a few times - good - but not good when I am directing her somewhere else.

Miles let me run his dog - I didn't want to but he insisted. Like riding instructors, agility instructors push you.  Very strange not having the connection I have with Smudgie. Dusty is a little sheltie. Very cute but much different from a JRT. Miles had me to do three front crosses, just keep moving and turning. I found I lost him and lost eye contact.

Massage on Friday helped a lot with the ole left leg issue. One should never hang from a saddle by their heel. It is just not the thing to do. I scheduled another massage a few days before the 5K to help with my efforts.

Saturday's run went well. It was really warm so I did not experience the muscle constrictions I was having. My time was not the best but everything is steadily improving. Trying different songs to make a jogging play list. Got a few old school hip hops and some country so far.

Grabbed some beer and headed to the Mare for two-point practice. I brought her up and let her loose to get the kinks out and she didn't yahoo like normal. I made her go and could see she wasn't quite right. Brought her back to the grooming stalls and the first leg I pick of (left front) had a nail missing, and a partial out and jammed nail. This allowed a bunch of muck to get in between the pad and her hoof. Ya! That would have been uncomfortable. I was pleased she kept the pads as long as she did. We'll see if they make it to April 3rd when she gets shod.

Never fear! Beer and carrots we are good for a little more mane pulling. Her two most hated spots are left. Withers and poll area. Small amounts pulled and more carrots given. She was appeased with beer offerings. She doesn't give me the red glaring eye but opens her mouth for me to insert carrots. Mare you are so special to me.

My legs were silently pleased to know there was not going to be any more torture this day.

Watched the last of the Vampire Diaries with the pack and off to bed.

Another dehydration weekend. Two flavors of meat jerky, dog jerky treats (not jerky from dogs but for dogs), two bundles of bananas and a pint of blueberries. Bananas came out perfect. I am not a fan of dehydrating the blueberries. I left them running over night and they still weren't dry. Also, my kitchen rug sports a stain. Round things do not stay in place and Smudgie kept picking it up and spitting it out while deciding whether she liked them or not.

Sunday woken in the early hours to a popping sound. I thought it was the fat bursting on the jerky cooking. Running downstairs with Wyatt and Smudgie bouncing and barking. Opened the dehydrator and everything looked fine. They love it when I get involved in the chase! Around 4am on Tuesday am the same thing happened.I then proceeded to over sleep so no search was conducted. I will need to stop letting the kids have run of the house when I go to the neighbors. I can just picture a hole in the wall or something similar.

Favorite song right now "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice. This makes me think of my animal losses and how I felt. People got their ways of coping and I've got mine . . . Sadly this is not something I think of for my parents. This does cause me sadness that it isn't so and as it makes me differ from others. I wonder lately why they have come up in my mind as being the source of sadness. Something to ponder.

Last night I did not feel like running, it was cold and ______ insert excuse. I took the dogs walking, came back and said NO! You will run!! I bundled up to help with cold muscles and had my best time yet. I had forgotten my glasses and gum. Two miles in 30 minutes. HA! Looking at 54 days now to 5K. While I have doubts about my ability to do this or do agility with Smudgie my fortitude is strong than ever. I will not give up!

Good thing I did run as we treated ourselves to fried rice. MMMMMMMMMM! Tomorrow, Mare check, drop off farrier check and perhaps a tail wash. We shall see.

Twelve days to Agility Trial! Keeping the faith!


No comments: