The New Year!

Easily leaving behind 2012, I look forward to 2013. I should be getting the rig paid off this year. With what might be extra money (ha, ha), I plan to take Smudgie to some CPE trials. I have started the paperwork and just need the bucks to send in. She will get measured at a show and we will be set. My plans for Josie are a little more complex. I want to event her and do a recognized show. We need dressage and jumping lessons. I am still breaking in my jumping saddle. It is better but still needs more miles. My new Ariat field boots are breaking in well. I hate having zippers though.

September 28, 2012, I had foot surgery - Decompression Osteostomy. My right foot was broken quite a few years ago and built up bone spurs and arthritis, besides the big toe being jammed. I noticed I was walking less and less and in pain more and more. I think compensation pain can be as bad or worse. Dr. McDreamy unjammed my big toe, lowered the foot bone itself, shaved off the spurs and put in a pin and screw. It was a long six weeks of recovery. I was so happy to get back into tennis shoes. It was good timing on my part as the weather was perfect for wearing a slipper boot. Also, I was scheduled to house sit at the mini-mansion with the fenced in backyard so the first week I could actually relax it a bit.

I am now healed and back to riding and agility. I have been working out now for almost two months. I need to increase the days but something is better than nothing. The mini-trampoline has turned out great for running on. My goal is to go to one of those shoe stores that watches your gait and has you try on shoes that are right for how you move.

Smudgie has been a naughty, mean little dickens! She has put a scar on Pixie's ear. If Pixie would just back down, they would get over it. But no friggin' way! Smudgie can body slam her and she still fights. Terriers!

We were invited to Miles' class on Thursday nights. Actually, this is quite a compliment. Finally! I love his approach to training. Last night Smudgie did 12 weave poles and then did a few, skipped and did a few. I didn't feel like going back to have her do bad again. I have to set up the weaves inside and practice. That is all there is to it. Otherwise, she was  ROCK STAR! She is very fast. I have to keep moving. We did a rear cross that was amazing. She still needs help with the teeter. Miles had wanted to work with her on that. He is putting his dog through Chemo. He almost had her put down on the way to class. It is so tough to make the decision. He thought she would be better after chemo. She has a tumor on her lungs.

Smudgie was very sick on New Year's Day. Not sure if it was the little clump of compressed rawhide (not buying those any more - sticking with knees) or if she ate something outside. She puked three times and then started with diarrhea. Then she had a bit of blood. That is when I get scared. I had some M..... drug (from her last bout) and started her on that with rice. Wednesday I worried all day she would have an accident in the kennel but she made it. She is back to stalking Pixie.

I did not get to do my usual ride out the old year and ride in the new year. Hopefully tonight I can get a ride in.

Josie has lost her grass weight and her top line is coming along nicely. She has been enjoying the pre-ride romp. Racing around bucking and kicking. I love the look on her face when she has had enough she comes at me very flashy and with a "am I finished" query on her face. Hard to believe she will be eight this year. So will Wyatt.

If tennis balls were voles the Jack Pack and I would be having a splendid hunting season. We have collected four or five now. Voles only two. Smudgie spotted it and Wyatt got it. The next time Wyatt got it and kept it.

As you can see one of my intentions for the New Year is to blog more. Here is my start.

Hide your crazy and starting acting like a lady - Miranda Lambert (LOVE HER)

No comments: