A Tough Week

Why is it when I decide to quit smoking shit happens? The first day, January 7, all the dogs exploded in the kennels. I came home to such a stinky mess. I keep trying. Then the girls fought again and Pixie now has a hole in her face. I was looking forward to Spring with the hopes that DH would take her for trial and she would get a forever home. After this last event, I would like her out of the house now. I just can't take any more. I have tried everything. My last resort for now is total separation which is hard on all of us.

Sooooo, on a lighter note, Tuesday, I had a short but lovely ride on Josie. The boots are getting well broke in. So much so that on Sunday we have our first jumping lesson in maybe almost two years!?!? I think I will watch my Rolex tapes. After watching the best riders take the biggest fences what Josie and I will be doing is a walk in the park. I will ride Saturday to get the squirrels out just to be safe ;)

It is suppose to be fffffreezing cold but with warm gear on the toughest will be getting her to the barn. She will be very appreciative to get some relief from zero degrees or less.

Took the Smudgie to Agility class we arrived early but did not practice the teeter as I thought we were. Miles had the teeter on the course so the other dogs did their run with the teeter floor to floor. For Smudgie, we were to stop after the tunnel treat and run to the teeter - not naming it or the bottom. She did very, very well. She actually ran past the break. Talking with Miles, the little dogs have it the toughest as they have the farthest drop action. The big dogs weight immediately causes the teeter descent where as the little guys have to get to the end almost. She was very pleased with herself.

We had two almost weaves and then a glorious 12 weave into the wall. I stayed back, let her find the opening and then ran probably two feet or more to the left of the weaves (I wonder if this is her best side?). After class, Miles took her through the course a couple of times. At one point she whined cuz she got left behind.

I really need to work on blind crosses. When you are ahead of your dog you can do these. It prevents accidentally directing to another obstacle when doing a front cross.

New Goal: Make Smudgie whine to keep up. Smudgie looks awesome when Miles runs her. I am going to video us so I can see what she looks like when I run her. Saturday we are going for run throughs so I'll see if someone will record us.

Weighed myself on Tuesday. After working out for approximately two months I felt safe to do so. Weighed in today and have lost four pounds. Running on the trampoline and doing my exercises, riding and agility is paying off. SuWeeeeeet! Eating more fruit, salads and cutting out pop. Allowance of tootsie roll pops, hard candy and gum due to quitting. CANNOT wait until Spring so Smudgie and I can practice outside. Oh yeah, squeal little Smudgie, squeal!

Life hard, die hard!

Til we meet again :)


No comments: