Overall a very good summer

Not enough riding but catching up on money things is our priority.

Chris Riddle Racing - all CR needs to do is tell her horses she is selling them. PoniBoy took a first, Moeka has taken a second and fourth. Our best horse Willie Prevail has had a win but this weekend the turf was cancelled and it was decided he would run in the mud. Last minute mud nails were added. Willie looked unsettled in the gate and came out horribly. He said oh hell no and just cruised along behind. Later he had mud in both eyes and was getting really squinty in the right. CR blew out his eyes by opening them and then blowing - the icky clumps flew out. Luckily he had bandages on behind as he must have nailed himself with a mud nail in his scramble up from leaving the gate so badly.

Really hoping TR takes PoniBoy Time. We shall see.

We will have fresh blood for next year. Chris got to buy two at the sale.

We are down to the proverbial wire with this one weekend left. I will miss it but will be glad to be able to have two days for riding. Yes, I should be able to ride after doing stalls but it has been fun to hang out, go home to the pups and just chill/nap.

Smudgie has had her first kill with my help of course. We were walking home and the path goes along a hillside, Pixie did a double back which caught Smudgie's attention. For safety I was keeping Wyatt out of it. The girls kept snuffling around. Smudgie was following the path of the vole. Must have been a regular run as the grass and roots were just sliding up over her nose. I see the vole and get it to cross the sidewalk, holding Pix back and pointing it out to Smudgie. The darn vole crosses the street with us following excitedly.Once the coast is clear I let just Smudgie go. She takes off grabs the vole and that was it. She sat there very proud but trying to get closer with the other dogs caused her to move away. I put the others in a "firm" wait and went to Smudgie asking for "Give me Garbage" - it worked.

Realizing I really need to get a work out schedule going. I need to be able to fit into my flannel lined jeans here pretty quick. I am up to riding twice a week now, practicing agility twice and class once. Getting 10,000 steps at least 4 times a week but the ol' belly is getting bigger and bigger. Grrrr!

With all the talk about it I got my hands on Shades of Gray. Work is so busy I have gotten to page 17 and no farther. Not sure if it is my state of mind but so far - not a big deal.

Not happy with new doctor - GP. Did not look in my eyes, ear or throat. No tummy palpitation. WTF? Didn't even exam my foot just gave me a referral to a podiatrist. WTH! But I got my Chantix, gyn exam, whooping cough/distemper shot. Side note Whooping cough was in the town home complex about two units away so I have been very anxious to get this.

Smudgie just celebrated her two-year-old Birthday. She got another set of 2x2's for weave poles. I have decided she can count as she kept popping out at class. Now I run like hell and she will go through 12 poles. It was a very happy day last Friday. She did jump off the teeter but she went through 12 poles x 7 times. Most impressive for being able to practice with only eight.

My legs look like I have chicken pox. Soooo many skeeter bites. You just should not go outside during the vampire hour. Criss cross method is working pretty well.

Josie is fat and sassy (in a good way). She has been awesome lately. We get round and working pretty quickly. Getting to spend more time doing real work. How nice is that. The other day she let me know in no uncertain terms that I was queuing the canter to loudly. Must start bringing my test booklet to get more ideas of work to do.

Another highlight - very excited about the new Dover Saddlery but they are moving in way to close to me! LOL! My first purchase will be new field boots. I have decided to give up on the $50 pair. This way I will be able to ride in them with two layers during the winter and not feel that I am going to cut off the circulation in my left leg. I may hang onto them in case I can lose some weight but they may be gone by Spring.

I might have decided to take Josie's fly leg wraps off too early. We have had a heat spell. Hoping not. One foot is crack free the other still a work in progress.



No comments: