Another catch up post . . .

just enjoying the summer and the ability to do things.

This past weekend the pups and I went to the Arctic Blast Fun Day in Somerset. For the first time both dogs were kennel in the car. I placed the kennels so that when I opened the back the doors were there. Everything fit so much better. I estimate that for camping we would have just about enough room. Oh, Yes! We are so going to go camping there! Armed with sunscreen and bug spray, I set up camp behind the rig. That X-pen has to be of the best investments I have ever made. The pups were so excited. Wyatt most of all.  Being the seasoned veteran, he saw the race track and just knew - FUN IS TO BE HAD!

Smudgie just got to walk around but Wyatt got to play. We did the short tunnel in the go-to-ground and he pulled his usual sit behind the opening but he actually did bark. The first time we lured him out with the rat and next it took the rat and some really good treats. The barn hunt was easy. I set him down to the left and he ran back right, through the little log and came out. I did not know where the rat was so I thought it must have been an empty plug. Wyatt came around another way and went back in. I verified he had the rat and he did!

The second time for GTG, we tried the VERY long tunnel and he went through really well. He has never done one that long. I was so proud of my little man. We made the barn hunt harder. This time the rat was up higher so Wyatt would have to climb up a hay bale and get the rat. He was a little cautious so I kept at him and he went up the hay bale and got the rat. GOOD BOY!

To cool off we went into the Apple River. Oh how refreshing. I would have loved to go under but since I forgot my leashes I had two dogs on one which I had borrowed from LB.

I bought the world's largest tennis ball. The clip on youtube of Smudgie playing with it is hysterical.

The road to recovery is never an easy road . . . The pain is almost non-existent these days. My mojo is back! Running agility with Smudgie two times a week and riding Josie three. Getting my head together for workouts and eat properly again. Irritation is motivation!

Smudgie is consistently running 12 weave poles at Monday night classes. She has been tentative but now seems to be starting to be herself - ruh roh!

Last night was beautiful. The cooler weather allowed for a long walk with the pups. We did two miles with Smudgie only stopping three times to cool her belly in the grass. I love it when Wyatt looks up at me like he is asking permission and then stretches out. The difference between the two sexes is amazing.

No comments: