Why walk if you can run . . .

Just kidding! I will be only running when agility is involved. Speaking of which the big day finally arrived for the 5K. The day was comfortably cool and overcast as we walked the sun came out. My pace was fast. We all got T-shirts, medals and Vitality points. I finished in 49 minutes and 32 seconds! Boot and all :)


I only wanted to finish and finish I did!

I set hard, yet attainable goals. The feeling after the goal has been achieved is, well, priceless!

Don't tell Dr. McDreamy but I did run at a canter (rolling on the boot) to the halfway mark and then actually probably a few hundred yards to the finish. The rest of the day was spent icing just to be safe.

I had the entire week off but was on call at nights and on the first weekend. Dealt with it. I lunged Josie getting her use to side reins. We need to get some of the chubby off that mare. I also wanted her relaxed for when I finally was able to put a leg over.

Gradually pushing my leg for more. Stress fractures are more painful than you would think. All that time spent in a boot had an affect on the tendons and ligaments. Everything is stretching out each day. The Wednesday before the 5K was my last day to wear the boot except I was to wear it for the race - no problem. So glad to be rid of that thing.

My time off was productive and very enjoyable. Gathering more items for the VA. Checked out a new place that buys your household stuff. I got a really cute prep bowl set for $5. Brand new with a cat on one, meow on another and polka dots on the last. Gotta mental list of items for that. Great way to come up with more $ for Agility.

Spoiling the kids big time! Barkbox! Each month the Pack will get a box with treats and toys. Our first box has shipped. We (I) cannot wait!!!!!!!!

Monday, June 10, Smudgie and I started our new agility class with LB at TCOTC. I love it! I get to hang with LB and Skunkhound a.k.a. Tommie Tomlin. Our new instructors are very nice and are the training method I love - slow, gentle and very happy. Smudgie is getting more experience with an aluminum teeter and metal jump stands. She was a little put off when she took a bar down and it made noise. She is a soft dog - who would think that Smevil would be a soft dog. Surprisingly Smudgie did the weaves well. We left a gap and shrunk it. Next week we will start with the distance we left at and then close - upping the ante. We did well in this area. I need to get my criteria set for two on two off. Really!

We did pretty well jumping but I forgot the course. I need to be more positive when I screw up. This is one of the hardest things. You could simply let your shoulders down and they can pick up on that. Smudgie being a soft dog takes it to heart.

Lovin' the journey!


No comments: