Taking Baby Steps

Smudgie and I went to On the Run Canine Center to pretend we were in a trial. I brought our new agility bag, what is now her traveling kennel and LOTS of treats. She had to wait in the truck while I hauled in and set up. Passed that test. Next was hanging out walking around which she did fine until she realized there was a dog doing agility.  She started to whine a bit. I got her attention and then moved back a bit. After a while we wandered around and then she needed to be in her kennel and I needed to leave. I had put the cover over the first time. It was hard to tell if it was her whining or another dog. Cheese was the high value treat for being in the kennel. We wandered around went outside and then we played a couple rounds of kennel games and the cover was left open. I think she likes that best.

Next test was sitting close by while she was in uncovered kennel. Fail - whining but not too bad. She has come a long way from the screamer at the barn when she was a pup. Positive training and lots of time.

LB helped me fill out our premium for our first Trial. I thought it was breast cancer but it is Canine cancer still a great cause. I think of Lola when I hear cancer in conjunction with a dog.

I was asked if I was going to enter her and I had not received my numbers yet. I am sticking to plan - baby steps!

Tippy board arrived yesterday. Smudgie is running across and it is slamming hard on the carpet. Will ask for bottom which I have changed to all four on for the teeter. Miles said she will catch on. I also purchased another set of 2x2 so now we have 10 weaves! I need Smudgie to practice before the trial (April 13 & 14) as they might be in some of the games we will play. Learning about ASCA and CPE, they play games: gamblers and such. If we get them fine. If we don't fine.

Sunday went to ride Josie to find:



Right hind must have received a kick on the gaskin. Crap! We were going to have another poles lesson. We have pushed the lesson out a week. Monday I took off work a half day. Spent the time walking and hosing her. I can see an improvement. It doesn't look like it will burst now. She is also okay if I touch it. It is not warm now either. I think Bute for a couple more days will be good.

Ridin' the roller coaster of life as usual! Ride on Cowboy, ride on!


No comments: