Roller coaster ride levels out

Most importantly, Josie's leg slowly went down over the next few days. Big sigh of relief there. Bute and cold hosing did the job. It so hurts when my animals are wounded. There will be another mare introduced to the red barn herd so I will be keeping my fingers crossed. Josie is very good with the new horses. She is happy to meet them and is very inviting to them. She is up in the herd hierarchy but not a boss mare.

Not to be outdone, I had a spill on the ice and injured my shoulder, aggravated my hip and hamstring. It hurt to put a coat on - this was my first clue. I find I am better at caring for the fur kids than myself. I should have iced right away. By the next week, I had to schedule a massage with SN. She pointed out the swollen area on my pec. I thought it was more under but then did a feel up and my god! I almost had a boob on the left side it was so swollen. Tons of Advil and ice later it is much better. I was hoping the massage would alleviate the "out" area left side of backbone/hip region. My usual suspect. But, I need Dr. Dandrea badly now. At least SN got it so he will actually be able to make an adjustment.

Saturday I rode to see if I could. It went better than expected. Good thang as I had a lesson with HS on Sunday. More pole and position work. Since I had rescheduled before I did not want to do so again. I believe your instructor should be honored. I arrive early and warm up and am dressed appropriately. I thought I did better this time than the last but my fitness level just SUCKS! We did poles on a circle. To the left, Josie kept ignoring my left leg (gee the one that is injured!) to the right we were able to have some semblance of a curve in the middle of the poles.We talked about my needing to be able to canter in two-point for five minutes. I will be able to get there. Hopefully there will be no further derailments of my roller coaster.

I had been tinkering with the idea of doing a 5K for a while now. Lucky me! My work decided to put one on. Not only will I get 250 vitality points (makes my insurance cheaper - going for the gold for like $100 off my insurance!), I will get a t-shirt and a finishing medal. Whoot Hoot! I have already been running on the trampoline and since my new running shoes I have venture outside three times now. I notice it takes me longer to warm up these days. Trying to drink more water. Must drink more water! Doing five minutes of brisk walking and then run and walk for 30 minutes. I am getting 10K steps almost everyday.With 59 days (as of today March 28) to train, I think my workout schedule will get me there. I might not be able to run every step but I will be able to give it a good go. If I have to walk you can guarantee I will walking very fast!

The Hobbit was finally realized on DVD! Oh it was good! Two more years and I will be able to watch a complete movie series.

Smudgie and I are entered in our first ASCA trial on April 13th and 14th. We have everything now and then some! I have a Pirate flag for her crate:


That is us on course! LOL!

I have a few more items arriving soon. Hopefully in time for the trial will be my shirts with a Pirate dog and it says "Arrrrrg" below it. PERFECT! K9 Fleece also had a blanket with pirates which I will get that day.

I have been busy reading the rules and a simplified explanation provided by LB on the games. I might not get the whistle blown. Key will be to listen to the Judge's instructions. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The dumb question is the one not asked.

I am working on my eye contact with Smudgie. Last runs I only lost contact twice that I know of and one of those was the successful blind cross we did. No run throughs this past weekend but the weekend before we got a blind cross and two sets of 8 poles straight up. One day the snow will melt and the grass/mud will dry and we will be able to practice outside. Last class we were given a cheat sheet of practice for jumps. We did a couple and then I just haven't had time. Training body, training, dog and training horse just eats away my time for which I am very thankful.

The dogs have been much happier with the longer walks. This makes me happy. Smudgie really likes her new harness and I like her in it. I have been keeping it on her so she gets used to it touching her, I pet her like crazy and she isn't shrinking away so much. I noticed a spot about 2X4 on her - the black metal must be marking her. I would like to get Wyatt one but the hand me down from Smudgie will work for now.

Dehydration is not so maniac any more. I have it down pretty good. Time for more banana chips. Last processed was three packages of sirloin sandwich cut by the butcher and a package of round steak for the pups. I gave some of this batch to Miles for all he does for Smudgie.

Tonight I need to get Smudgie to think I am a better party than Miles - this will be a bit tough. Also may be able to get some footage of Smudgie and I doing courses from last week. Either iPad to iPad for web mail and attach.

Rode Tuesday, it was pretty late so I knew I wouldn't ride too long to avoid the Mare getting overly sweaty. I rode two-point for a minute, rested and then did another 45 seconds. My legs were screaming. I did a little more until my thighs started screaming. Hoping running will help with this issue but different muscles will be used by each.

Hanging on to the bar during this roller coaster ride we call life!

Arrrrr! Matey :)



No comments: