Finding comfort in a good routine . . .

I love a good solid routine. My days are becoming designated for certain To Do's and Wanna Do's. I like order with a very small side of kaos. Mondays are for ironing and taking a long walk with the pups and spending some time with the Hood gang. Tuesdays are Josie time and sometimes on Sundays. This will change once I have some extra money. Shh though don't tell her.Wednesdays and Thursdays are walks and miscellaneous To Do's. Weather dependent practice of various agility elements whenever possible. With the upcoming racing season, Saturdays will be track day. Now that I am full-time once again I will groom for CR on Saturday and have Sunday off. After the first couple of weeks I will probably be able to function and include Saturdays as a ride day. 

Not getting to spend enough time with Josie. Either lack of gas money or the weather has kept me from my trusty mare. I have a feeling we are not going to make it on trail before the bugs are too bad.

All the kids are now vetted. Wyatt has been diagnosed with petite seizures via the little video I showed Dr. Pierce. For now we will just monitor. If seizure activity or type increases he will have to take Phenobarbitol. He has bump on the hock area of the inside right hind leg. I am hoping it is the one of the two types it could be that will go away as the vet said if it gets bigger or gets gross it will have to come off. Please let me recover first, pretty please.

Wyatt has also managed to get control of Smudgie. Their last fight she got nailed with his sharp teeth and it made quite the impression.

Smudgie was a bit naughty at agility class on Friday. We had practiced weaves with the guides in place and narrowed the channel quite a bit as she navigated successfully and consistently. We go to class and there are no guides and very narrow - Smudgie decided no friggin' way. At home, I decrease the space after each success. Once Smudgie is going through with the channel completely closed consistently, I will begin to remove the guides. This is down the road yet.

Smudgie is now known as the self-correcting dog. She missed "Bottom" on the dog walk and proceeded to back her little tush back on it so she was in two off and two on. She is slick that one! She really loves her classmates and sometimes forgets that we are there to have fun together, not with everyone and every dog. I have been making Tuna Bait (with chicken instead) as I thought that this was why she had so much interest in certain owners and dogs. Nope! She just loves everybody. I replayed the previous week and she didn't get as much exercise and very little one-on-one.

Saturday, I attended the World Championship Agility tryouts. Dogs and humans were of world champion calibur but yet human (well, except the dogs), errors were made. It gave me a lot of hope for Smudgie and I. It was most impressive to see a 90 degree weave entrace. The Smudge and I only come at them straight on or maybe a couple inches to the left or right.

Sunday, Smudgie met her first Mastiff. She did a little scaredy cat bark at him and then wanted to hit it when he noticed her. Eventually she managed to gather her courage to meet him face to face - her face and shoulders on the ground in submission. I am surprised there was no submission piddle as she was definitely respecting this big guy.

Averaging 5, 000 to 10,000+ steps per day. No weight loss. Depressed after going through wardrobe and bagging jeans that won't fit. Will try to sell on craig's list to fund new pants.

Birthday was fun. Went to the Horse Expo. Bought myself a shirt and a present for L. Really hope she likes it. Can't say more in case she is checking out the blog :)

Loss of the DVR has turned into a good thing. I watch way too much TV even if it is recorded.

Early birthday present was War Horse. The scene where he is running through the barbwire still bothers me badly. Nothing does damage like barbwire.

Well, I have prattled long enough . . .

Still looking to put the OK in broke (this instance we do not live one day at a time but think ahead).

No comments: