Hello 2012!

Happy New Year World!

To be easy on myself. I didn't set any resolutions for this year. My resolution is a given - Get Employed!
I didn't do my usual first ride of the year on New Year's Day. It was icy from a little bit of snow fall. It was a great vegetation day. I now have Netflix through the Blue Ray.

As I suspected the new year would have employers moving forward. Holidays are over and budgets are refilled. Famine is over feast is on. I have been receiving phone calls and emails. I did find out I didn't get the position at United Health which was okay.

SR contacted me about a position which would be 60 days temporary and if it was okay to give my info - ah ya, PLEASE! It is working with Mitel equipment and over in Golden Valley. Although, VoIP very similar to the SX2000 which I am versed at. I was called within twenty minutes. They wanted me to start Monday but HR had to decide whether to handle the position as a contractor or a temporary employee. They decided on Temporary Employee so my background is being checked and I have taken a drug test. When I dropped off the paperwork, I was told to expect to work Monday unless something comes up in my background. AWESOME! I think it is a good sign that a drug test and background has been done. I see it as an investment in me already. I am hungry for work and routine. Of course, money will be wonderful! Gas to go see Josie, the ability to pay my second mortgage and some self-esteem.

A celebration bareback ride was necessary. It was pretty warm and I didn't want to stress Josie too much. She was a very good girl. Her mood dictated a few strides of canter.

With windchill, the temperature was around zero degrees this morning. After the crazy short walks of yesterday, I decided to add jackets to the Jacks. Pix and Wy were on board. Smudgee handled the idea better than she has so far. But she is acts goofy, slinking and trying to roll the jacket off. AFter bringing her indoors she doesn't want anything to do with me so she will be sporting the jacket until bedtime. Immersion therapy at its best. The result has been a very mild Smudgee. When we took a nap this afternoon, she did go under the covers with the jacket. I take this as a big step for her. As she didn't want to even jump on the bed and lay on the puppy pillow the rest of the time.

Yesterday I packed up the TV and ventured off to Best Buy again. Agent Mulder (tee, hee, hee, hee) decided they would send it off for repair. He thought it was a capacitor in the DVR. Even when it isn't on? It will be three to four weeks. No TV downstairs - bummer! No Netflix, no Wii and I am not sure if the DVR is actually recording my channel 11 line up. I suppose I can take the upstairs TV downstairs from time to time. A courtesy TV would have been nice.

I will be spending the next four days relaxing and getting things done around the house and readying for a work week. My first since March 31, 2011. That is ten months. Talk about a vacation record.

Wishing you the best for this year. Hopefully the tides will change. If not we will be okay.

iLive!

No comments: